Effective Date: 11/01/2018
MyValet, Inc. (MyValet) has developed this Privacy Notice to explain how we collect, retain, process, share and transfer your personal information when you use the MyValet Application and the associated website, MyValetgo.com, (collectively, “App”). MyValet is sometimes referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our.”
Information we collect
When you use our App, you may provide us with two types of information:
• Information identifying you as an individual (Personal Information) that you knowingly choose to disclose and that is collected on an individual basis and
• Information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our App (App Information).
Personal Information: If you provide us with Personal Information, we may use it to identify you in order to enable you use of particular services that we offer. Examples of Personal Information includes your access credentials for the App, your name, contact information, address, payment information and in some circumstances, your IP address. Providing Personal Informational is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may not be able to use the App in the manner intended.
App Information: Like many apps, our App also collects information that is not Personal Information. This App Information allows us to determine how, when and why the App is being used and this information is used in anonymous ways to improve App quality and functionality.
How we use your information
Generally, we use the information we collect on the App in one or more of the following ways
• To administer the App
• For marketing
• To provide the parking related services.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information in accordance with your consent, when required by law to do so, or if it is necessary for a corporate transaction. We do not currently sell, distribute, lease or transfer your Personal Information, other than as described in this Privacy Notice.
How we share your information
We may share the information we collect as described in this section of the Privacy Notice. We may share this information for the following reasons:
• With employees, contractors and agents that provide services to us: We may share we information we collect our employees, contractors and agents, including third-party service providers, that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. Their use of the information shall be limited to the performance of their duties and is consistent with our purposes for using such information. One example is that we use Square to process payments related to parking transactions.
• With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law. For example, we share some Personal Information with the parking facilities (including those who manage or own the parking facilities) in which you are parking.
How we protect your information
We maintain suitable physical, technical and administrative safeguards for the App designed to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of information. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the App.
When we collect information through the App, we use encryption to help secure Personal Information. HTTPS encryption is used to transfer data from app/browser to our servers.
Cookies: When you use our App, we may send a cookie to your computer or other device. A cookie is a small data file stored by your device to help improve functionality or tailor information to provide visitors with more relevant information. We also analyze App traffic to identify what visitors visit so we can tailor our App accordingly.
Do not track signals and requests: Do not track signals and requests are sent from your browser to websites you visit indicating you do not want to be tracked or monitored. Websites are not required to accept these requests and many do not. At this time, we do not honor do not track signals or requests.
How we provide links to additional services and other websites
We provide links to other websites for informational purposes, for your convenience or to offer additional services through separate websites and, depending on your device and settings, applications (commonly referred to as “apps”) linked to our Site (Linked Websites). Linked Websites are independent from our App and are not governed by this Privacy Notice. We do not review, have control over their content or endorse Linked Websites or the information, software, products or services available on the Linked Websites. We also have no control over the privacy notices used by Linked Websites. If you decide to access any of the Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk.
How you control your information and individual rights
Any Personal Information collected by or through the App will be used only for the purpose it was provided and as described in this Privacy Notice. Once Personal Information is no longer necessary, we will destroy the Personal Information in accordance with its record retention and destruction policy.
Some jurisdictions (state, federal, national and international), such as California, Canada, and the European Economic Area (under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)), provide individuals with certain rights regarding their Personal Information. To exercise any rights your jurisdiction may provide, contact us at Info@MyValetgo.com. As examples, GDPR provides European residents with the following individual rights.
• Being informed about your Personal Information. You may have the right to understand what Personal Information we collect about you as well as how we use and share that Personal Information. This Privacy Notice provides you with this information.
• Viewing and obtaining a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
• Amending or revising the Personal Information we maintain about you.
• Having the Personal Information we keep about you erased (also known as the right to be forgotten).
• Objecting to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing.
• Restricting our use of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
• Transferring the Personal Information we maintain about you to another entity.
• Objecting to our use of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
• Objecting to automated decision making or profiling. We do not make automated decisions about you and do not profile individuals who visit our Site.
• Filing a complaint with us or the appropriate governmental entity.
We may require that you verify your identity before exercising your individual rights.
International transfer of Personal Information
We store information received through or by the App in the United States. Further, the App is designed for and intended to be used in the United States. If you are providing the information from another country, you agree to and understand that the information will be transferred, stored and used in the United States.
No use of the App by Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children or other individuals who are under the age of 16 and are not legally able to use our services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from a child under the age of majority, we will promptly destroy that information, unless we are legally obligated to retain the information. If you believe we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at Info@MyValetgo.com.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update or change this Privacy Notice. The effective date at the top of this page states when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any change to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the App. Your use of the App means you accept our Privacy Notice. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we collect, use, and share Personal Information.
Use the contact information below if you:
• Would like to exercise any individual rights you may have about your Personal Information,
• Have questions, concerns or complaints about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices or
• Would like additional information about MyValet’s privacy practices.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654